Friday, June 20, 2008

Take Advantage of the Highs...Roll with the Lows

First thing's first...Wade went to the doctor yesterday after doing all of his tests. Good news came back. The two tumors in his lungs have stopped growing. Of course we can only hope that these spots will die off. There are no new spots which is even better news. We pray the chemo is killing the tumors as well as anything new that could possibly come up. Today Wade starts round 3. We are at the hopspital now as I type. I know he dreads starting over, but I keep reminding him this is all worth it.

Starting over is hard for us all. It feels like we're on this rollercoaster of life. The Friday Wade begins chemo, he is pretty much out of it for exactly one week and two days. The Sunday after next is typically the day he becomes more like himself. It is a day I love because I know in the next 2 weeks, he will start feeling better with every passing day. I love these days because this is the time we take full advantage of him feeling good. It's like a strange magical feeling to me and this is so hard to explain. I feel so close to him and I just LOVE watching him with the kids. By the way, Kaden started calling Wade, "Dad". It's so funny but I know so sad too. It makes us think he's growing up. I'm not really sure where he picked it up, but listening to him say it is halarious. You'd have to actually hear it to understand the halarity.

Last night Wade and I went to the movies together to see What Happens in Vegas, which by the way we LOVED! We ended up getting some PF Changs to go and walked to the book store across the road. It was just so nice and relaxing. Of course we missed the kiddos. It feels like forever since we've done something like that. I guess with the known fact of him starting the next day in the back of our minds, it made it just that much better. We just enjoyed each other.

Coming home to Kaden (who was still awake) made it all complete. Well and Reagan too. She was just sound asleep with that little thumb in her mouth. We bought Kaden a couple of books that he really enjoyed. So it was great to sit down and read with him. Wade and I then laid down with Kaden (I know...still a bad habit!). I love this time because we talk a lot about the day and just about silly things. Then he falls asleep and I do too (even as Wade is kicking my feet to let me know I'm snoring).

It's just the little things that make eveything so big and wonderful. I think people truly should take more time to enjoy the little things in life.

One last thing...I don't recall if I said Reagan is walking. She is REALLY walking. No up and down (well, sometimes when she falls). She mostly walks everywhere she goes. She looks like she's been doing it for months. It's amazing to me how fast they learn to do things like that and why they ever decide in the first place that it is the right time. Crazy little things.

Over the next few days I will continue to provide updates on Wade. Thanks again and again for all of the thoughts and prayers.

0 comments: