Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer...What Summer?

You know, if I hear somebody say, "must be nice...teachers get off for 3 months", I just might punch them in the face. Seriously...first of all, my last day of work was June 4. I have a workshop tomorrow and Thursday and 3 days next week. I have to go at least 3 days in July and several days in August. Not to mention we go back the week before the kids come back. So, really, we have maybe a good 4 or 5 weeks solid with no interuption. That means not hearing anything at all about work. Even today I get a phone call from work about one of my students that I filled out summer school paperwork for. For some reason or another this girl went to summer school where they told her she could not go because she did not register and they had no paper work for her. All that work I did to get her paperwork in and then THEY LOSE it? Come on now. So I hope my principals were able to find it in my room. I know they were worrried about it.

So anyways, back to what I saying...we don't get much time off. Yes I know...having Christmas break off, Spring break off and the occasional random holiday off is nice. But let me tell you something. If teachers didn't get this break, our kids would be in big trouble. The monster would come out in all of us. I wish any normal person could come into the classroom for one solid week and teach my class. Just one week. I promise you that you will see that our breaks are well earned and well NEEDED!!!! You know the few weeks we get.

1 comments:

kristi said...

My sister works at the school daycare. She said by May EVERYBODY is burned out.