Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Last Day!

Well, my kids are officially gone! I don't look at this as a relief from them but more of a relief from everyday life. It's time for a little break. It is going to be much easier on me and anybody else who has to take off of work to take care of Wade. I'm so ready to be there with him every step of the way. I was before but having to go to work was keeping me from doing all that I wanted to do. So, after my last work day tomorrow, I am officially on summer break!

The people from my work gave me an "Always Smiling Award". It was extremely nice and emotional. They even collected money for our family. I haven't even opened the card because I promised Wade I would wait for him. Whatever it is, just the thought was more than I could have ever imagined. I work with such amazing people. They have been there for the many adventures of my life. I mean, really, I have yet to have a normal year at work. But come on, is there really such a thing as normal? My first year I graduated, got married, and became pregnant. My second year, I had Kaden. My third year, I was pregnant ALL year, had kidney stones horribly bad, found out Wade had cancer again, went through surgery to remove kidney stones and surgery for Wade but then welcomed our sweet baby girl the day after school was out. And well there's this year...we know how that one's gone. But now, I will fight for a more normal year next year.

I have to say, Wade and I have been through more in 3 1/2 years than most people ever even experience in a lifetime. And to us, it's been a rough ride but we appreciate each other so much. We don't take things for granted. The bond we have is super strong and though we have these bumps in the road, it has only made us stronger. Our life is incredible and I wouldn't change it for anything.

Okay, I'm rambling. I'm excited tomorrow is my last official day with adults only. Well, other than I decided to take my kiddos and show them off.

Wade's doing great, even if he denies it. He looks great and he sounds wonderful. Of course he's extremely tired and just give out, but he's so incredibly strong. He's awesome. Tomorrow he gets unhooked from his bag. Usually after that it's all uphill.

0 comments: