Sunday, June 8, 2008

Cuddle Me!

Okay, so we've developed a new bad habit. We've been staying with Wade's parents since Wade started his second round of chemo. We'll probably be going home this week at some point. Anyway, the first night we stayed here, it took Kaden forever to go to sleep. It was so late when he'd finally go down. So one night I told him I'd lay down with him. Granted, I know this a bad habit but my gosh I love it. When I'm laying there he whispers, "Cuddle me momma". Now there's a certain way he has to be cuddled. My arm has to be in just the right spot. I know when he's about to fall asleep because he starts whispering more to me saying, "I cuddle you momma". He then starts to play with my hair and rub my arm and face. He's so cute. Every once in a while we hear the occasional "choo choo twain" and we get super excited.

Now I know this has to stop because it is such a bad habit. I only stay until he falls asleep, but still...bad habit! However, I've heard a million times lately, "Enjoy them when they're little. It goes by so fast and you'll want it back". So dang it...let me enjoy it while I can!

One more thing off topic...my baby brother Casey graduated Friday! It's so hard to believe. He's all grown up! Way to go Casey. We're so proud of you.

Oh and Wade..he's coming around. He got unhooked from his backpack on Wednesday. The next few days were pretty rough for him. He had a really good day today though and was spending some quality time with the kiddos. That's how I know he's starting to feel a little better. The only bad thing is that he's starting to get the bone pain. But, he's doing much, much better.

0 comments: