Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Today

So today was the first day I got Kaden out of his big boy bed to get ready to go to Ms. Sharon's. I have to say, it was much easier getting him out. Ever see that part of Bruce Almighty when Jim Carey has to wake up? You know, where he throws such a fit when he has to get up? Sometimes that how Kaden is. He takes the covers and pulls them over his head or rolls over a million times. So, sometimes, I just have to scoop him up to get him moving. So, it was a quick scoop today. He's doing much better in his bed! He actually got up a lot more when it was a crib. I guess the thrill of falling 4 feet was more enticing than one little step out. Kinda like once you turn 21 drinking just isn't quite as fun. Granted, he still has his moments and gets out, but not quite as bad as it was at first. Nap time is a little trickier. I suppose it's because it's so bright outside.



So this is the transition bed. It's so nice how cribs are able to change. We basically just took down one side and it came with the side rails. The next step will be getting rid of the baby Winnie the Pooh and eventually getting him a bigger bed. Pooh never really was him. Cute, but not Kaden. Ideally, I'd love to one day decorate his room like a little forest. Who knows. I know he'd probably prefer Cars, or maybe even something to do with sports. I guess we'll let him decide soon. Anyway, he tried helping daddy, but Toy Story was a little more interesting. That was until he was able to jump in his new bed (Saturday night). He loves it!!!

So, moving right along. Went to work, blah, blah...Wade went to MD Anderson today for all of his tests. We'll find out the results tomorrow morning at 9:00. I suppose we'll find out what they think and what exact things they will have to do. Chemo will be the route, but with the new spots growing, it gives them something to compare future tests with. We'll see. Of course I'm beyond nervous. But, it's really out of my hands. I'm just trying to stay positive. More on the results and what the future holds tomorrow.

Tonight was my Aunt's viewing. So sad!! But it was amazing how many people were there. She was clearly loved by many. She was an inspiration to so many people. It's just so weird when they have an open casket. She looked so good though. It looked like she was sleeping and would wake up any second. My uncle is so tough. He was actually the one comforting us and making us feel better. He's an amazing man! Tomorrow is the funeral so we have a very busy and slightly depressing day ahead of us.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoooooo....Way to go big boy Kaden!!!! Nina is so very proud of you :)