Thursday, April 3, 2008

Tired

It's Thursday, which I would say is one of my favorite days of the week. It's a very optimistic day because after today comes Friday and then of course the weekend. I love the weekends! I am so looking forward to this summer. It can't get here soon enough. Don't get me wrong, I love my job...but some days I'm just exhausted. Too exhausted for the little things that drive me crazy. However, I can't help but laugh at so many of the things they say. Today one of my girls said, (with her head bobbin' side to side)"When my mom and dad get in a fight and I'm older I'm gonna dye my hair red (btw, she's a blonde)." Oh man, do those parents have a rude awakening when this little "thang" becomes a teenager. They crack me up. The funniest is watching the boys in the dollhouse center. Of course they try to be so cool, but funny thing is they love playing with the dolls. Now, I'm sure they're dads would die to hear this. So, I'm just rambling...it's the little things that make me laugh, but there are so many other things that on some days just drive me crazy! I can't tell you how many times I hear, "I'm telling!" Half of the time they never come, they just threaten. They argue about somebody touching them, sitting in their spot, looking at them funny and of course the ultimate "he cutted!" Ahhhh!!! Sometimes I have to step back and realize, they're only 5 and 6...practically babies. Just when I think I'm going to break I hear things like, "My momma said that even though my cousin doesn't make the best choices, he really is a good person inside." With that another replies, "I bet he's a good person outside too when he's playing on the playground." Oh to be in my shoes for a day...

Things around here are moving along. Reagan got another tooth. She now has 3...he 2 bottom teeth and then this one (I forget the name). It's the one to the right of the 2 big teeth. Maybe if I'd get that handy baby book out I could look at the names of them. Anyway, so now she has 3. She's getting over an ear infection. She ran a 103.5 fever Saturday morning. We never would have known anything was wrong with her. With Kaden, we could just "feel" it coming. It was horrible. So, I guess we can be thankful that at least it didn't hurt her. She's trying to get brave and walk, but I think she'll be another month. She cruises on furniture. She blows kisses and will shake her finger and say, "n, n, n,". Yep, we are in so much trouble. She's a feisty little thing. She's developed quite the attitude. And she will let you know when she wants something. In a few months she'll beating up on Kaden I'm sure of it.

Kaden makes me laugh every single night. We got him a Lightening McQueen baseball hat. He loved it! And he looks so cute in it. When I dropped him off at Ms. Sharon's this morning, he RAN in screaming, "Look guys! Look at my hat!" He's my little love bug. The other night, he jumped up and his head hit under my chin. I bit my lip pretty bad. It actually felt like I lost a few teeth. I was bleeding and my lip was real swollen. It was so swollen I had a hard time talking. I of course, asked him if he was okay first and then started to cry a bit. He looked at me and said,"What happened momma? Are you okay?" Then it was, "I sowwy, I sowwy momma!" I felt horrible. I'm such a baby. I shouldn't have cried and scared him. After a bit, I showed him my lip and I said what happened Kaden? He said,"Momma got a boo boo. Allison, no! Allison, no hit!" It seems as though Allison may be the bully at the babysitter as Allison tends to beat up on Kaden even when she's not around! Crazy!

Okay, so we're about to do our taxes. I'm waiting for Wade to get home. I suppose I will try to get in a 5 minute nap while I have the chance!

1 comments:

Leslie said...

peeking in on your spot here. Thanks for sharing. Keeping Wade and the kiddos in my prayers katie, always.