Thursday, April 17, 2008

Life

On Tuesday, Wade's mom went to the hospital. For several days she was having pain in her shoulder down through her arm. It so bad to where she was not able to lift her right arm. When we went to her rheumatoid arthritis doctor, her told her she needed to go straight to the emergency room and not even stop by the house or anything. He suspected a peripheral stroke. So I don't know much about this type of stroke, but regardless, they called it a stroke and naturally you think of all the horrible things associated with it. Well, I honestly believe through immediate prayer, good news came fast. Good news, no stroke. Bad news, possible surgery to fix the problem with her arm. They said something about bone infringement. Something along the lines of bone buildup in her shoulder from the ra.



So, around 11:15 on Tuesday, Wade texted me and said his mom was on the way to the hospital, blah, blah. So I immediately called him. Of course he was upset. So I left work right away to go get him and off to the hospital we went. Now, on the way to get Wade, I had a little time to think. Now I've had times where I think, "what if", but with this incident and with another recent incident where a friend of ours passed away, I've been in deep thought with my "what ifs". I think of how things would be so different if certain things happen. I think how upset I would be, but now there's something much deeper to deal with. I look past my own opinions and think of my kids. How in the world would they deal without their grandparents who love them soooo much? And yes, you think they're so young and they'll move on. But you can't help but think how weird it would be for the kids to not really understand what happened and how all of a sudden that special somebody is no longer there. I want my kids to know my parents and love them as much as me. I don't want to tell them who they were and how wonderful they were, but I want them to find out for themselves. I've been so blessed to have both set of my great parents still alive. I can only hope and pray for the same thing for our kids. The thought of something happening to any of my loved ones freaks me out. But then to think now it's not just me to worry about being hurt, it's now my husband and my kids. Ahhh. I hate when I get in these moods. So in times like this, the only thing that can be done is pray and put my faith in God. As always, we should live like there's no tomorrow. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a good day.

0 comments: