Thursday, April 24, 2008

Number Five and Counting

As I sit here, my adoring son has now climbed out of his bed 5 times. Now when I say bed, I mean crib. Yes, he is still in his crib. We thought we could wait until this summer to change his bed from the crib to the toddler bed. Guess we were wrong. Saturday morning, Wade walks into the living to hear in the sweetest voice, "Hi Daddy!" He showed us exactly how he did it. Oh man...so now we're in discussion of the change and it coming a little sooner than expected.



So tonight, I put him down and went to our bedroom and then the bathroom. All of a sudden the bathroom door opens and I see this little cute boy with his most innocent smile looking back at me. I yell in a nice voice, "Get back to bed!" That boy took off faster than anything I had ever seen. I took care of what I needed to, tucked him in AGAIN and off to the kitchen I went to clean up. Well, not 5 minutes later I hear his door opening. So I walk to the hallway, he sees me and with a giggle, he takes off running. So, AGAIN, I tuck him in and we said our "I love yous". So it happens again, and again. For the last time, I raced to the door and this time I was able to get to him before he got back to the bed. Now understand, I am giggling inside and trying so hard for him not to see me. But I just couldn't resist that sweet little laugh and crinkled up nose. I, at this point am cracking up laughing. He is laughing hysterically! For the last time, we say good night and I tell him "DO NOT GET OUT OF BED".



So I thought it was the last time. Add another. The count is up to six. Wade went to the post office real quick and he walked in not long ago. Of course Kaden hears him and calls for him to fix his aquarium in his bed (this is because after the 2nd time of tucking him in, he tells me that daddy needs to fix it. I told him daddy would fix it when he got home thinking he would be in a deep sleep by then). Before Wade could make his way to the room, Kaden comes out and says, "I wake up!" He's helped Wade fix the aquarium, cried because he wanted to "kiss Reagan" and yelled "I love the Beatles" (this is thanks to Wade's current obsession with the Beatles".



So, we'll see, Wade is putting him back to bed...hopefully for the last time. I am really feeling like my little baby boy is a big boy! My oh my how time flies!!!!

1 comments:

Kahla said...

Hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised at how well he does in a big boy bed...we have been! You are right though, they grow too fast!