Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Baseball and Birthdays

Way to Go Kaden!!
Kaden finished playing baseball a couple of weeks ago. You would have been so proud of him. At his last game, he made some amazing plays. He caught a ball and then the very next play he stopped the ball and threw out the runner at home. He's amazing. He has such an amazing spirit. He reminds me so much of you. He told me today that it doesn't matter if you win or lose as long as you're having fun. Well, we both know he didn't get that from me! ha! The weekend after the funeral, his team surprised us with this amazing basket full of gift cards. It was unbelievable! It was so thoughtful of them. We were truly blessed to be put on a team with such amazing people. That same game all the boys put the #4 on their faces for you and wore strips of red bandannas around their arms. It was awesome. Words couldn't express how much that meant to us. I wish you could have seen it! He got his trophy at his team party. He was so excited to be getting a new, bigger trophy.
Kaden and Coach RJ















Birthday Girl
And just last week was Reagan's 5th birthday. It seems like yesterday that we had her. We had her on a Saturday afternoon, the day after school was out. The timing couldn't have been better. When I think about these memories, it makes me miss you so much. I hate not being able to talk about our memories together. It stinks! 

Amazing Cake
Reagan had a great day. Her birthday party was on her actual birthday which was pretty cool. She had it at her dance studio. She loves to dance. All of her favorite friends were there. It was almost perfect...just missing you! Her cake was amazing thanks to Kahla and her amazing grandmother. I couldn't have imagined it any better. It's hard to believe our baby girl is five years old.
Kaden, Crazy as Always

Opening Presents
Birthday Girl Blowing Out Candles


Friends Left Her Sweet Messages


Friends!
Best Friends


















 




School is out for the summer. It was hard not being able to come home and vent to you about having to stay late and how I was so worried about not finishing on time. Everybody helped though so that I could get done what I needed to. I'm a little worried about being home all summer without you here. I couldn't wait for you to get home from work. I loved seeing you walk through that door at the end of the day.

Everyday is a new day. Everyday is new battle. Some days I feel like I'm in denial. It feels like you're still here and that you're just on a trip. It just doesn't feel real...I'm not sure that it ever will. Please keep watching over us. I know you're with us every step of the way. I love you today!

1 comments:

Katie Baker said...

Thank you guys sooooo much! The cake was truly amazing!