Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Thank You Notes

I'm sitting here up late, once again unable to sleep. I'm debating whether or not to continue writing the thank you notes from the last almost two months. You would not believe how many people have supported us with sweet notes, cards, donations, flowers, etc. Soooo many! For some reason or another I've just had a very hard time writing the thank you notes. I think about doing them every day and I know they need to be done because I am more than grateful for all of the truly amazing things people have done for us. However, the first and last time I was writing them, I struggled. I accidentally wrote "Love, Wade, Katie and Kids" on one of the notes and I just lost it! I thought to myself that I would never, ever be signing your name to our cards. This means cards to the kids (Reagan's birthday) where I only sign "From Mommy". Even cards to your parents, and your sister, and my parents, and our friends, and the list goes on and on. How is this even right?!?! How is this fair? It just doesn't seem real. Baby, I miss you more than ever today. I'm so, so, so sad! I love you today...and always!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Katie it is alright to feel that sort of anxiety when you lose someone you love. No one says you have a time limit to get over your loss. And guess what, Katie you'll never get over losing your best friend but you'll learn to live and laugh without him. Years may go by and it might seem like just yesterday that he left this world. And that is okay too. It's completely normal. I never got to hang out with you on that sort of level but I know that you are an amazing person. I also know that you trust God wholeheartedly. Any time you feel like crying or you feel alone always remember that God equipped you with the strength to carry on from day to day until you and Wade are able to be in each other's arms again. Until then allow God to be your rock and comforter.

Kahla said...

Oh Katie, I've said it a hundred times, but my heart just aches for you. You and Wade were always two of my favorites and I loved spending time w/ya'll. I get so angry that this has happened and think you are amazing with how strong you have been. I think people will understand if they don't receive a thank you card, I wouldn't even worry with it. Right now just focus on your and those sweet babies. If you ever need anything, we are always right here. I need to get with you about Splashtown w/the kids this summer or something, so they can all hang out. Every time Emery sees pictures she starts screaming about her cousins. <3 you