Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Five Weeks

I know I never told you this, but I had a dream the week we went to the beach. It was two nights before you went to the doctor at MD Anderson for the last time. It was very vivid...I kept seeing the number five in my dream. Five weeks was appearing over and over in the dream. Something was happening in five weeks. When I woke up the next day, I called my mom and told her about it. I told her I didn't think I was going to go back to work. I didn't want to have any regrets. Then, the next day you went to the doctor. I was on my way home with the kids when you were at your appointment. When I finally made it home, I was pacing and was so very nervous as I always am when you go to the doctor. When you didn't call me, I called you. You sounded okay which made me feel a little relieved. You were telling me that you were waiting for the car. Then when I asked you how it went you said, "It's not good babe" and you began to cry. And then I cried. You told me there was nothing else that could be done and that they told you to it was time for Hospice to get involved (again). The tumors had taken over and covered one entire lung. The other lung had a tumor pushing in the airway causing you to struggle to breathe. I couldn't wait for you to get home so I could hug you and hold you. I felt like it was July all over again. We were starting all over.

Five weeks later, on April 23rd at 8:10 p.m. you were healed! I know, without a doubt, the dream I had was God preparing me. In a way, it has helped me  because I know for a fact that you in heaven rejoicing. God is amazing. He spoke to me that night and I am so thankful that He gave me five more weeks with you. I love you today!

2 comments:

Kahla said...

God is amazing, as are you and Wade. So thankful to have you both in my life. So very, very thankful.

Annie said...

Katie. WOW. It's all I can say right now. I'm catching up on your blog and life and what sweet words and emotions! I am so sad to see Wade is no longer with you in this life, but so happy to read about how positive, strong and courageous he was. Thanks for sharing your story!