Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy Father's Day

Of course I was dreading this day. Any other Father's Day would have been wonderful. We'd shower you with love and celebrate with our families. Unfortunately, it wasn't like that this year. I tried not to make a big deal of everything with the kids. I didn't want them to think too much about it. But they were hearing it everywhere...the radio, the TV, other people, etc. But they did great. They did really good. They talked a lot about you and all the things they miss about you.

We went to the cemetery. The kids decorated balloons for you and Kaden made and tie to hang on his balloon. I was kind of hoping that we wouldn't have to worry about the kids making projects for Father's Day since it's in the summer. Guess I was wrong. He did good though. Although he did have a hard time when they were doing a writing prompt about families. Poor guy. But anyways, we let the balloons go to you in heaven. They really loved this! They watched until they couldn't see them anymore.
We missed you so much Father's Day...just like any other day. You were an incredible dad and the kids will always know how much you loved them and how wonderful you truly were. It was nothing for you to grab them, throw them over your shoulder and wrestle with them for hours on the bed. You would do anything for them. Most little boys and girls would do anything to have a dad like you. Most wives would be jealous of the love you shared with me and the kids. You were truly one of a kind. I love you today!







And of course to my dad. You are an incredible dad. I don't know what I would do without you. You are there for me no matter what time or day. I could never thank you enough for being there for me and the kids. I love you more than words can say. Happy Father's Day to you!

2 comments:

Kahla said...

<3 So thankful that they will always have the memories and that you are still making them. What an awesome mom you are to help them remember their awesome dad. Love y'all!

Katie Baker said...

:) Thanks girl! Love you too!