Friday, August 1, 2008

Long Day

Well today Wade went to the doctor. After waiting nearly 2 hours in the waiting area, we were moved back to a room to wait another hour. Finally the doctor comes in. He asks how we are doing and how Wade is feeling. And then he begins to discuss the CT scan. While sitting in his chair and facing us, he says, "After reviewing your CT scan...well, let me show you." It literally felt like my heart stopped beating. I couldn't believe we were about to get bad news. Is this even possible? So, according to the doctor, he said the radiologist claim "progression" because of a lesion in Wade's liver. They were saying this is something new. However, as the doctor explained, he sees Wade all the time and he knows his patient and past tests. He said he felt like the tumor in Wade's liver was already there but they were unable to find it. Apparently the chemo made it more visible because it had liquefied. His words were, "It is becoming mush". Not knowing what this means, we ask is this good or bad. He said it is a good thing because the chemo is killing it and causing it to liquefy. They are going to keep a close eye on this and will require tests that will scan his liver as well as his entire body just to be safe. Eventually they may be able to remove this with surgery. As for the other tumors, they are the same...not growing! That's good news.

So Wade will continue on with two more treatments and one of them beginning tomorrow, or should I say today?

I'd like to say that I've been strong and upbeat because most of the time that's what it looks like on the outside. But I can't help but be scared to death and worry. But, I put on my happy face and I stay strong for Wade. He's incredible and is being so strong for us, so it's my duty to keep it together for us all. I definitely have my moments but sometimes I just don't feel like I have time to break down. I'm going to pray and speak the word of God. That's all I know to do.

Oh and just for the record, we were at the doctor a full 3 1/2 hours. Nice!

1 comments:

Kahla said...

Sending lots of P&PT ya'lls way!!!

Love ya!