Thursday, October 14, 2010

River Rats

This past weekend we spent some time at New Braunfels. This was the last weekend before Wade went back in the hospital so we wanted to enjoy ourselves. And that we did! My parents, brother and his family, grandparents and my aunt and her family were all there. We really had a good time! Sunday the kids were able to ride some rapids on the river. It was perfect for them. Then we found this little waterfall that runs into the Guadalupe River. We put our chairs at the bottom of the little waterfall and relaxed there most of the day. Reagan fell asleep in her tube and Kaden was fishing with Wade, my dad and my brother. Kaden had a blast throwing rocks. This was his thing. Give that boy dirt or rocks and he's good to go. When we went back to the house, we had a lightning bug show! It was amazing!!! I don't even remember the last time I saw one lighting bug much less hundreds of them! It was a day of firsts. The kids first time at the river and first time seeing lightning bugs. Reagan was a tad bit scared of them and well Kaden, he just wanted to smash them. For Wade and I, we were in awe. There was something so magical about them.



The fun must end though and we headed back Monday...back to reality. Tuesday Wade went back in the hospital. The kids already miss him like crazy. I do too!! I went up there yesterday. He's doing pretty good...though he will say, "I feel like poo poo!" He's pretty tough though. He should be getting out next Thursday. Seems like a lifetime away!

0 comments: