Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Great Day

Today was a wonderful day. I was picked up from school today at 10:00 in a limo bus. We drove around picking up about 7 other teachers and headed to the civic center for a lunch given by the Lake Houston Area Chamber of Commerce for Teachers of the Year. We all laughed about how it felt like we were being pampered. My principal joined me at lunch to support me. She rocks! We had our pictures made, were given a little award with our names on them along with a few roses and a certificate. Then we were on our way back to our schools (after lunch of course!). I was the first one on and the last one off!! My kids and all of kindergarten came out to see me off. When I returned, they had all gone home for the day. They were so sweet.

Reagan had dance tonight and it was her first night for tap. She loved the tap sound her shoes made. After about 10 minutes of it I started to feel sorry for her dance teacher who had to listen to about 20 tap shoes all at once! Yikes!!!! She did great though. After tap, they practiced for their winter dance recital. It is ADORABLE!!

And the best news of all...Wade gets to come home TOMORROW! He originally thought it would be Thursday so coming home one day earlier lifted his spirits and our spirits. We can't wait to see him!!! Perfect ending to a great day!

0 comments: