Friday, October 15, 2010

Funny Kids

I just love my job!! These kids make me laugh on a daily basis. Recently I was proposed to, had my shoulders rubbed, and was told that I was going to be a princess for Halloween (by a boy who I believe is a little smitten with me!). These kids are so innocent and so sweet! They can also be brutally honest. For example, when I was drawing a picture of me the other day, I asked them what color I should color my hair and one boy yells, "Gray!!!" Ahhh, gray!?!?! I know I have a few gray hairs, but come on, enough for them to tell me to color my hair gray???? They never fail to ask you what that big thing on your face is or why you always wear black pants. But the days they tell you they love you and that you are beautiful far outweigh the days they are picking out your imperfections. It's those days that you need those compliments the most. It's those days that they can turn a perfectly crappy day into something so much more! It's those days that you want to just wrap them in your arms and hope and pray that when they go home they will be loved as much I love them and even more. Praying is all I can do to make myself be okay with what so many kids face at home. But for me, they are my happy place. They bring normal into my life. They are my stress relief! So while they are with me, I treat them as if they were my own. I love them and hug them and tell them they are special. And in return, I get hugs, smiles and funny stories that never fail to make me giggle! Did I mention I love my job?

0 comments: