Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Kaden Matthew

I have to say...Kaden is an extremely unique kid. He amazes me more and more everyday with the things he says and does. He is such a brave boy. I know they say boys will be boys and that I am a little partial to him, but he is truly a boy. A boy that is amazingly athletic and observant. It only takes him watching somebody one time to do just what they do. He does flips without thinking twice. People are always laughing at him and all of his energy. He exhausts me! I am dying to get him in gymnastics to show off all of his skills. I am just waiting for things to get back to normal around here.

He loves to swim. He is always jumping in. Makes me a little nervous, but he does good. He loves water period. It doesn't matter if it's a swimming pool, sprinkler, or a puddle...he's so there!

He just started sleeping in a full sized bed in his room and he does wonderful. However, at 5:00 this morning he's screaming "mama" and is walking to our room. He fell out of the bed which is totally our fault. We need to get a bed rail. He's done good for a couple of weeks but I guess it was time. So I gladly picked him up and put him into bed with us. He's so darn cute. When he woke up, he smiled big at me and said, "I wanna play with my toys" and off he went.

Yesterday was the first day that he used the restroom (pee!). We were so excited. He's really been in no hurry and shows no interest, so we haven't really pushed it. It's about that time though. We made a big deal and got him some cupcakes and sang "Happy Potty Day To You". He was so proud.

Now, we have no doubt hit the terrible twos and some days I wonder what happened to my sweet boy. But then it passes and he's back to his adorable self.

He loves cars...more than any child I've ever seen. He's very particular about having certain cars with him. He has at least 30 of the cars from the movie, "Cars". He is constantly playing with them. Believe me, they are EVERYWHERE.

We finally got him a swing set today and as I type Wade is putting it together. The kids don't even know he's back there. I figured he probably needed peace and quiet to put it together. So I am anxious to see their reaction. I'll post pictures as soon as I get the chance.

I wish I could put into words the way Kaden makes me feel. He makes me so proud and I can't wait to see how he grows. He's already changed so much. It's so hard to believe.

0 comments: