Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Birthday My Sweet Baby Girl!

My precious baby girl,

It's so hard to believe that one year ago today we welcomed you into our chaotic yet sweet loving family. I will never forget the day I finally laid eyes on you. You were incredibly beautiful and so much like a little girl. I never thought I would have a little girl. You were better than I had ever dreamed of. You have been such an amazing girl from the start. I love how when you laugh you have this high pitched squeal. You are overcome with excitement. You have the sweetest little smile that will melt anybody's heart. Your daddy ALWAYS goes to get you out of bed after you've been asleep for a couple of hours. You have the cutest sleepy face and you smile from ear to ear and cuddle right up next to daddy. He loves on you and kisses you for a few minutes, lays you back down and you are out again for the rest of the night. You said "Happy Birthday" on your birthday. It couldn't have been more perfect. The funniest is when you say, and very clearly, "Go away!" And the entire time you are waving your little arm in the air as if telling that person to really go away. You did it to me today in the pool when my arm was next to your float. I say you told me, but I really think you were telling my arm!!! You have taken several steps now, but you're really in no hurry. That's okay though. We'll be there when you're ready to take off because we know it's coming. You take your time like the little princess you are! You do stand up a lot without holding on to anything. You'll just stand there and clap. Your favorite song is "Itsy Bitsy Spider". You love to move your hands like a little spider and when we say, "...And washed the spider ___", You fill in the blank with "out". It's so cute and it always makes us laugh.

Your birthday party was yesterday. It was a huge success. You had so many friends and family there to celebrate your big day. You, of course were adorable! You had on a little polka dotted dress that matched your pool. But you didn't want to stay in the pool long. You wanted to slide down the big slide with all of the other big kids. Once Papa showed you how to do it once, that's all you wanted to do. You had a blast! Your cake was strawberry and though you were a little shy at first, you dug in quickly and made a mess. Your brother helped you out a little bit. He was so excited for you to be having a birthday party. Plus, he loves all the presents you got too. He plays them with you (or at least he tries to share them).

So my sweet little angel, every time I think about you being 1 I get a little teary eyed. It has been a wonderful year and I know I say it a million times, but my goodness, where does the time go? You have given us one unimaginable year. I look forward to all of the years with my little baby girl. You will always be my little girl! Mommy loves you more than you will ever know!
Love,
Mommy

1 comments:

Kahla said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl, thanks for letting us celebrate with you!