Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Good Wonderful Day

Oh what a great day it has been. My kids at school were on a roll today. I was so proud of them. Today was the first day that I felt a little less stressed out. It's been a crazy start to the year. We still don't even have a break for lunch if that says anything. I'm ready for a lunch break (even though it will be at 10:00 this year!!!).

But the best news of all is that WADE IS COMING HOME TOMORROW!!! His mom is with him right now. I just got off the phone with him and he added yet another restaurant to the list. He said he wanted Red Lobster because they have all you can eat shrimp. Yum! He said he still felt rough but he sounds really good to me. The kids are so ready for him to come home. I am too...I get so lonely without him here.

My parents took JR to the doctor today in Dallas. There wasn't much they could do for him today because he had a lot of blood behind his eye (???) and they were unable to get in a see anything. They said it was caused from him vomiting after his surgery. They want him to come back in a week and they are going to try again. The pressure in his eye is 11 (it's supposed to be between 10 and 20 if I remember correctly). They said he really shouldn't be having a whole lot of pain. So, we'll find out more soon.

More good news...TOMORROW IS FRIDAY!!!! YAY!!! I LOVE Fridays! And Wade coming home makes it even better! Here's to a wonderful, relaxing weekend!

2 comments:

Kahla said...

Yeah for Wade coming home!!!!!! Hope ya'll have a nice and restful weekend!

Mom said...

My sweet, sweet Katie~ Oh, how I wish that I could take all of this from you...I would in a heartbeat, if I could. You are by far the strongest most faithful person that I have ever met and you never waver. Yes, I would like to take credit for this but I can't. You truly inspire me with your courage and strength. I dream and wish for you a healthy family, a care free, worry free, stress free life. I know that God has great things in store for you and Wade and we are going to witness Wade's complete healing. With every ounce of my being, I love you, my baby girl.