Wednesday, September 16, 2009

100th Post and Wonderings...

This is my 100th post! Wow...it took me a little while, but I made it. As I was in my car today, I had so many thoughts running through my head. I've had a lot of "me time" in the car since I drove to the hospital and then back to Spring. So...

I wonder...

- why my daughter always has to eat her ice cream cone from the bottom to the top. She always goes for the cone first and then it gets EVERYWHERE!

- why the people who beg for money at street lights have to do tricks with a hat to get some attention. It always makes me giggle.

- why the hospital parking garage must charge people so much to park. Shouldn't the garages be paid for in full by now? I don't mind paying if it's somewhere I want to be (like a concert).

- if anybody read the above comment and wondered why the garage charges you and not a person. (it's late!)

- if I scared the girl that was driving in front me tonight. We were on the freeway and she was driving a very dark blue SUV and she did not have her lights on. I was driving next to her and behind her to get her attention. I was flashing my lights at her and trying to wave her down. I was so concerned that I even ended up having to go a different way home. She braked a couple of times. She eventually turned them on. Scary! I'm pretty sure I freaked her out!

- what it is about having your windows down while you're driving that seems so relaxing. Add the smell of burning leaves and I'm almost in a coma!

- is it strange to like the smell of skunks?

- why some parents don't realize how much their kids learn from them and why they aren't better role models.

- why as adults we lose our ability to feel free like kids!

- why people are afraid to look at you when you're hooked to an IV pole with A LOT of meds attached. I wonder what they're thinking. Are they curious why you're in the hospital and are they wondering if what you're doing is working?

- why even though something seems to turn your world upside down you realize how great you really have it and how wonderful your life is.

- why you feel a connection with complete strangers in a place that you never thought you'd be.

- how it could be possible to love your kids anymore than you do? Is there such thing as more because the love you have for your kids is off the charts?!?!

- what it must have been like for Jesus to die for our sins.

- how I could ever explain to Wade how truly grateful I am to him for being such an amazing fighter and a wonderful dad. How blessed I am to have my kids look up to an unbelievable man!
(this song reminds me of Wade -

Here's an update on Wade and J.R.

- Wade finished his last treatment this morning. They are still running Mesna (a drug used to protect the bladder and kidney from side effects of chemo) through the IV and then all he has are the regular fluids. One doctor came in and said he would go home Saturday and one of the nurses said possibly tomorrow or Friday. They're mainly trying to regulate his blood sugar. He looked good tonight and said he felt better than he did yesterday so that is good news. We're all VERY ready for him to come home. For some reason, all he talks about is food. We have a HUGE list of places we have to go when he gets home. I think next time he needs to leave the TV off so he can avoid all of those commercials.

- I just saw J.R. today for the first time. I'm not going to lie and say I'm not worried because I am. I just pray that his eye heals and he comes out of this stronger than ever. Currently he cannot see. He told me all he can see are blurs of movement. They're going back up to Dallas tomorrow to see his doctor because he's been having a lot of pain in his eye. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

**Side Note**
Open House was a success! The kids did great! My students loved my kids! Reagan was the calm one of course. She would sit down and color and read books. Kaden on the other hand...at one point all you could see was his legs hanging out of the block container. He dumped out a bunch of buttons (and Reagan cleaned up after him) and played with a lot of my math manipulatives, but he had a blast. They both did! Plus, I enjoyed showing them off because of course they're the cutest kids EVER!!!!

So, here's to another 100 posts...hopefully 100 more full of good news!!!

0 comments: