Friday, December 5, 2008

Happy Saint Nicholas Day

So tomorrow is "Saint Nicholas Day." We've celebrated this for the last 3 years (that I can remember) at our school. All pre-k, kindergarten, 1st and 2nd graders listen to The Legend of Saint Nicholas. (http://www.stnicholascenter.org/Brix?pageID=745)They then walk back to their classrooms to find the special gifts Saint Nicholas left for them. There were backpacks FULL of toys...balls, jump ropes, funny glasses, Frisbees, xylophones, crayons, etc. Saint Nicholas' helpers were Administaff. They are amazing to do something like this. The kids love it!


To celebrate Christmas at our school we do a door decorating contest. Kids bring canned foods in and use them to vote for their favorite doors. Here's a picture of our door. My kids love the book Chicka, Chicka Boom, Boom! so I couldn't think of a better way to decorate the door. Of course the kids help! Santa's climbing our tree and hoping there's enough room for him too.



On a side note...I've gone to the doctor twice this week to have tests done. They're trying to figure out why I keep having kidney stones. I had kidney stones horribly bad when I was pregnant with Reagan. I felt better for about a year or so. But lately I get these pains in my back. I can handle some days better than others. Either way, I have to get it taken care of. My stones are 88% calcium phosphate so my body may be producing too much calcium. It has a name but I don't want to go into it because I may not even have it. Why worry when you don't need to? I had blood work done for that and a CT scan done today to check out my kidney function. More on this as we find things out.

3 comments:

Kahla said...

That's a cute idea with the door and very cool about the story/gifts.

Sending P&PT that your tests come back good and you get some answers!

Katie Baker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie Baker said...

Thanks Kahla! That means a lot. By the way, we got the sweaters from Children's Place. They were $10.00 before the 25% off coupons. I bought them in lots of colors. I couldn't resist.