Saturday, October 25, 2008

Refreshed

For some reason or another I stayed up super late Thursday night. I didn't go to sleep until 2:30. Kaden came into our room and woke me up at 3:30. And then I woke up at 5:30. Now anybody that knows me knows that is early for me. I usually get everything ready for the next morning the night before and then I rush in the morning (like 30 minutes) to take a shower, get dressed, put things in the car and then get the kids up and in the car. Well, yesterday morning, Wade was taking the kids to the sitter and I STILL got up at 5:30. I was able to relax in the morning, do my hair and makeup, stop at the bank, get a mocha from Starbucks and then I got to work around 7:00. We have to be there at 7:30 and the kids come to the room around 7:55. Every minute counts in the morning people. It was nice to just come into my room and not rush for once. I feel like I am ALWAYS rushing.

Did I mention I did my hair and makeup? Sad, but as I picked up all kindergarten kiddos from the cafeteria in the morning, they were in awe of how I looked. They kept telling me how pretty I was and how beautiful my hair was. One girl told me I looked like a teenager!!! It was just a really good day. I really enjoyed spending time with my students today and kinda of stepped back to connect with them more. Again, it's always me feeling rushed to get things done and do as much as I can. We cleaned out our pumpkin, who they named "Pumpkin Pie". This was so fun for them because some of them have never even seen the inside of a pumpkin. Every one of them stuck their hands in to grab seeds and clean it out. They loved it. One girl told me she was telling her mom to buy me a gift and another told me her daddy was going to buy me a dress. Of course I had to tell that little girl that I didn't think Wade would like that too much (and of course she didn't get it!!!).

I think I just realized that I really need to slow down! I need to slow down and stop taking things for granted. I need to take time to get up in the morning and enjoy that precious, quiet time. Time for me. It's time to make some changes. A happier, refreshed me is a lot more fun to be around and a lot more laid back. It's time for change!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been getting to work this year between 7:00 and 7:15, and it makes all the difference in the world. The main reason I leave earlier is to beat some of the traffic. I realized I love having time in the morning to get ready for the day, though. I'm usually in a much better mood and more patient with my kids when I'm not running around to get things ready. Sad it has taken me 9 years of teaching to realize that fact!!!