Thursday, October 2, 2008

Going Bananas

It's been a little while since I've written. Since then, I went back to work. The kids were surprisingly wonderful. It was as if they didn't miss a day. Of course now they're back in the swing of things. They just really like to talk. Now I have this one kid...God love him...he usually brings his lunch. However, all of the kids have been given free lunch for 10 days after the hurricane and he bought lunch for the first time. Now, anything out of routine for him can be a challenge in itself. But he did good. He got more food on his tray than any kid I've ever seen go through that line. One of the things was a banana. The kids love the bananas but sometimes have a hard time peeling them. Well, apparently for my little friend he wasn't going to let it slow him down. He took a bite right out of the middle...peel and all. Yummy huh? I figured maybe he would have spit it out, but when it was nowhere to be found, I asked him if he swallowed it. Of course his answer was yes! Interesting I know.

As far as me, I'm just exhuasted and so ready for the weekend. I'm very thankful though. This morning Wade took the kids to the sitter. Well, he was going to. When he got on the Beltway, there was a fatality wreck and he was already running late. Because his mom works right there, she said she'd take the kids (it takes about 30 minutes on a good day to get to Ms. Sharons). So Wade took the kids to her. When he got there, he was tickling Reagan, she was upside down laughing and he saw something on the back of her tooth. It was apparently a very big gray spot. It was as if she had a dead tooth. His mom saw it too. Of course he calls to tell me about it. A couple of weeks ago, Reagan did fall and hit her tooth. Her mouth was full of blood. So I just knew it was from this. It was all I could think about it. It worried me all day long. Wade called the pedatric dentist and they said it was possible that it was a bleed or something to do with the roots. However, it would be nothing permanant because it's just her baby teeth. But, visions of her future pictures and starting kindergarten with a black tooth was just killing me. I don't mean it to sound like I'm worried about my kids looks and that's all that matters. I just don't want her to hurt or worry about something like that. So long story short (is it too late for that?), when I picked up the kids, it was the first thing I wanted to see. And praise God, it was gone! Must of been something stuck. Wade swears it was something more. Who knows? Her tooth is perfectly white!!!! I can only pray for my babies to be healthy. I know God holds them in the palm of His hand and He takes care of them and loves them more than I will ever know.

So, the weekend is almost here. Fall has arrived and my goodness how I love it. I love to roll down the windows and breathe in the smell of burning leaves as I drive. Is there any better smell (besides that sweet baby smell)? There's something so peaceful and calming about fall. It's going to be a good holiday season. I feel it!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love learning about you and the best way to learn about someone is to watch them in conversations with others. I love the way you love the kids. I love the way I have watched you grow from a person who didn't want to hear about God to someone who loves him. I love you more than you will ever know.