Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me and Happy Halloween

So another birthday comes and goes. I love my birthday I have to say. There's something so magical about it. I love Fall and then it's so close to Halloween. I always remember having Halloween birthday parties growing up. So naturally, the month of October felt very much like my birthday...all month. But as I grow up, things change (a little). I still love my birthday very much. But things have changed since I've had kids. Halloween is all about them and then Kaden's birthday is only 5 days after mine.

When I woke up this year, Wade brought the kids to me to love on me before they left. They wrote me a note and left it taped to the TV. I had so many phone calls starting at midnight. It just so happened that we went on a field trip that day to The Children's Museum. It was so much fun. It had Halloween decorations all over the place and all of the staff dressed up in costumes. My kids were so excited that it was my birthday. They most have told me Happy Birthday a million times. That night we went out to eat with my parents. It was just a really good day. I think having kids makes it that more special. They are so excited to sing and eat cake. I'd have a million birthdays just to watch them.

And on to Halloween...it was so much fun this year. Kaden is finally at the age where we can actually trick or treat and enjoy it. The weekend before Halloween, we went to a Halloween party. Kaden was Buzz Lightyear and Reagan was Wonder Woman. They were adorable. She won 1st place in the costume contest. For Halloween he was the same and she was a lady bug. We went trick or treating in my mom and dad's neighborhood. It was amazing how many people were out there. There was a haunted house next to one of the houses. Anyway, here are some pictures from that night.











0 comments: