Friday, April 9, 2010

Yay For Fridays!

I love Fridays. I really like Thursdays. This is because when it's Thursday, you know the next day is Friday. Then on Friday, you know have the weekend. Saturday's great don't get me wrong, but by the end of the day, you're dreading Sunday which only leads to a day of preparing for another long week. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my job. But weekends are GREAT!!! Does anybody else think like this or is it just me? Am I crazy?

Today is Wade's third day in the hospital. It feels like he's been there for weeks. He's been sleeping a lot but eating pretty good. He said other than being so tired, he feels okay. As of today, he has completed 2 treatments. Apparently each treatment is the same as taking two, so technically he's finished 4 treatments. He has 7 days of chemo which equals 14 doses. He should be finished Thursday, but won't come home until Saturday. A lot of people always ask me why he stays in the hospital because most people they know do the chemo and then come home that day. He's done this before too. However, because of the high doses, he has bad dreams, becomes extremely confused about where he is and he doesn't realize some of the things that he does. Also, because of the steroid induced diabetes (his sugar get very HIGH only when doing chemo) they monitor him closely and are able to give him insulin when he needs it. Plus, the commute has always been hard on him. However, we are extremely blessed to live so close to a hospital that millions of people come to from all over the world. I will be going up there tomorrow to see him. I can't wait to see him.

As far as the kids, they're doing a little better. We've been able to talk to Wade on the web cam so that helps a little. They still miss him terribly though.

I hope you all enjoy this BEAUTIFUL weather and of course the weekend!!!

1 comments:

Mary said...

Thinking of you, your two little ones, and your sweet, strong Wade. Let us know if you need us--for anything. Loving you all, and praying as always.
Aunt Mimi