Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Here we go again!

As Wade begins his chemo again, we once again fall into the routine that seems all too familiar. I wish I could say we're getting used to it. That sounds awful to say I know. I feel like we're in this constant cycle that will never end. But strangely enough, I don't get used to it. It's like our life is put on hold for months. The kids are away from Wade for days and it seems like months. If Reagan asks, "Where's Daddy?" I tell her he's at the hospital getting medicine to make him feel better. Then Kaden begins to cry. It's heartbreaking. All I do is tell him I know how he feels and I'm sad too, but he's there to get better. As time passes and another round of chemo begins, the kids are a tad bit older and are now understanding more. They love Wade more than anything and are missing him more than ever. He stays in the hospital for 9 days at a time. They're hitting him hard with the chemo and in order for it to not make him completely out of it, they're spreading out the doses. More on this as the days pass.

So here we go again. Lots of traveling, parking, parenting, exhaustion, lonliness, stress. But mostly praying, patience, and being there for Wade no matter what. No doubt it's hard on us, but it's even harder for Wade. He's an amazing man and he's incredibly strong. More to come in the coming days.

On a MUCH brighter note, we enjoyed our Easter with our family. Here are some pictures to prove it!!!
















3 comments:

Kahla said...

If ya'll need ANYTHING, let us know. That includes babysitting, hugs, a shoulder, someone to come sit with you, dinner, etc.! sending lots of prayers!

Anonymous said...

My thoughts, love, and prayers are with you as you go through this once again. Please let me know if there is anything at all I can do to help! Much Love, Haylee Huffman

Anonymous said...

Katie~these new pics are soooo good! The babies look so happy! Just wanted you to know that we are here for you...for anything! Stay strong like you always do and know that you should not feel lonely because you are far from being alone. We love you very much and continue to be in awe of your strength. Always in our prayers,
Love you!
Mom