Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Things You Do For Love

Oh what a wonderful start to this rainy day! Both kids are sick! I'm talking throwing up and the other if you know what I mean. Well, Kaden has both. Reagan just has the other one that "you know what I'm talking about". I knew that Reagan wasn't feeling like herself Thursday when I picked her up from the babysitters. She cried most of the way home and was very whiny (more than normal) and had a very sleepy face. However, once we got home, she was fine. Friday morning I drop the kids off and come to find out, there are three kids that are sick. Of course this is not a good thing. The doctors were telling them this is VERY contagious. The day goes on...

That same night (yesterday evening), Wade picked them up and he said Kaden was acting a little strange. He didn't want to eat much and he kept saying his was tired. He wasn't lying...it wasn't long after that and he was sleeping. Oh, forgot to mention, he had the "you know what I'm talking about" twice before he went to bed.

Long story short, Kaden threw up all night long. I felt so bad for him. It's been a very long time since he's been this sick. He's running a fever. Reagan's slept most of the day. She has a little fever and a very empty look. The only time Reagan has ever been sick was when she was 6 months old. And even then, she only a fever and that same look on her face. I guess that look she has will be the look she has when she gets sick. Who knows. We had an accident in the bathroom. That was exciting. After Reagan slept for a few hours, she woke up feeling much better. She's sleeping now. Kaden's awake and he's not feeling so good.

So, I am anticipating a lovely night. Hopefully they will sleep at the same time tonight. Today they've been taking turns. We will see. Whatever the case, I'm all about cleaning up puke and poop. Isn't that what moms do?

1 comments:

Kahla said...

Poor kiddos, hope they are both feeling better soon (and it stays far away from you and Wade)!