Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Time

I love this time of year! It's the best! The lights, trees, smells, cold weather...wait a minute...HOT weather! What is up with this hot weather?!?! It can really get somebody out of the Christmas spirit. But that's okay. As long as it is cool on Christmas Eve and Christmas, it will be just fine. More than anything, I love spending time with my family. I couldn't be more blessed. This will be the most magical Christmas yet, thanks to the amazing people that I work with!! I can't wait to see the looks on the kids' faces when they wake up Christmas morning. Several weeks ago, we rode The Polar Express in Palestine. It was so cool! I have some really good pictures from this. My grandmother bought our entire family tickets to go. She even got the kids matching pajamas. I believe she initially thought it was called The Polar Bear Express hence the polar bear pajamas. Either way, they were all super cute! The only negative thing about the trip was the thousands of bees! One even flew inside Reagan's pajamas and stung her! It's a pitiful face, but a cute one!!! After the train ride, the city of Palestine had their Christmas parade so we made our way down there. It was soooo cold!!! The weather was perfect!

And one more cute Christmas story. Santa Claus called the kids one night! They were soooo excited. http://www.sendacallfromsanta.com/ Santa makes each call personal by calling them by their names, saying where they're from, and calling them a nickname (plus more). Mommy Santa made the mistake by calling Kaden first and not Reagan. Just watch the video...it shows why this was a mistake!!!




Our Christmas shopping is complete. Oh, and by the way, please make sure you always check the handles of your car doors before you open them. Unfortunately, when Wade and I were leaving Walmart last night around midnight, I went to open my door and I felt something mushy on my hand. When I looked down, my hand was covered in POOP! Yes people, POOP!!! I was so disgusted! I cursed a little, gagged a lot and then we EVENTUALLY laughed it off. It's all we could do! I did go in and wash my hands ...for about 10 minutes straight. When I came back out to the car, we noticed the two cars parked next to ours had it on their doors too! Who does this!?!?! I began to leave a note on one of the cars when the guy was on his way out and we just explained to him what happened. The girl parked next to us also came out so we were able to tell her too...before either of them would get a hand full of poo. I went in to complain to the security guard (who was inside sitting instead of monitoring the parking lot). He pretty much just laughed and then went to his little corner away from the store to smoke a cigarette! Come on now...do your job! I was parked two parking spaces away from the store. How hard is it to do your job?!?! So anyways, silly me, when I went to get back in the car, I opened my door again to get ANOTHER hand full of poo! Back in the store I went to clean my hands!!!! Not so happy at this point. I've called, but was unable to get the response that I was wanting. According to the manager, my car was not vandalized or broken into, it just had poop on the door handle! Nice! Okay, so back to the jolly, happy Christmas times stories. Only 4 more days until Christmas! Woo Hoo! Wishing you all a VERY blessed Christmas with your family and friends!

2 comments:

Kahla said...

We wanted to do Polar Express but just ran out of time, maybe next year! ;o)

So gross about the poop, why would someone actually do that? On the other hand, if you find out what kind of car the security guard and manager drive we can get the boys to go put some on their door handles. Bet they'd think real different after that!

Katie Baker said...

I am so for finding out the cars! It was so gross! I can't believe somebody would do such a thing. I'm sure they were hiding out watching the whole thing happen.