Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Rodeo and Other Things

We went to the rodeo on Monday. It was a blast. We literally spent the entire day there. I didn't think we'd stay so long. We went to the livestock show first. It was neat, but the kids didn't care too much for it. Reagan was terrified of the cows of course. I have to say though, they were pretty loud. We knew she was already scared of cows, so this just made it worse. So, the petting zoo wasn't exactly what she wanted to do either. Kaden loved it.

We pretty much spent the day out at the carnival. I was really surprised how well Kaden did. There wasn't much for Reagan to ride, but she was happy as could be. Kaden liked the little kid rides but then wanted to do the bigger rides. He was so excited.


















I adore my kids. Nothing makes me happier than watching them together. They are truly amazing together. Kaden is such a great big brother. He always makes sure Reagan is included. Reagan is just incredibly loving. She always makes sure he is okay and happy. I love it. Her big thing is, "Are you okay?" in a very high pitched voice. As she says it, she pats you and says, "Ok?" and then answers herself with another "ok". I love it.

Aside from the rodeo, here are a few cute things about the kids:

- Kaden came in and told Reagan he had a boo boo. She replies with, "Awe, you okay?" He says yes and asks if she will kiss his blood. She says yes and kisses his blood. Now that's love.

- Reagan pushed the button on Buzz Lightyear and Kaden tells her, "Oh Reagan, I'm so proud of you!"

- We went to the playground at the mall yesterday and even with a million kids running crazy, Kaden and Reagan always managed to check in with each other every 5 minutes or so. Kaden found a new friend that he declared to all, "he's my best friend!" Reagan found a little girl about her age (who spoke only Spanish), and just attached herself to her. She would clap for her when she slid and tell her, "Good job!". At one point, she even helped her out of a play boat. If the little girl fell, Reagan would help her up and ask her if she was okay. Of course every kid she ran into, she'd tilt her head and ask them if they were okay too. So cute. You'd have to see it to really see how darn cute it is.

Nothing in this world has brought me more joy than watching my two kiddos together. This age is by far (so far) the most fun. They are amazing to watch grow. I've said it before and I will say it again, us having them close in age is one of the best things we have ever done. God has truly blessed us.

Now Spring Break comes to an end and I am soooo sad. I've enjoyed spending time with the kids. I just wish I could spend this much time with them always. So, back to work I go. Knowing that summer isn't far away will help me pull through these last 9 weeks. I think I can, I think I can...

1 comments:

Kahla said...

Hopefully these next 9 weeks will fly for us all!!!! We hit the rodeo on Wed, but didn't do too much carnival. It was pretty crowded. Our local county fair is here now so we'll hit it next week. The pics are great, the kids are getting so big!!!