Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Still Alive

It's been forever I know. I've just been super busy and extremely overwhelmed. Long story short, I had surgery to remove a kidney stone (the size of a large almond), and ending up having all sorts of issues. What was supposed to be an outpatient surgery ended up with me in the hospital for 2 nights. This was after I survived the weekend. I went 6 days without eating and hardly drank anything. I was miserable. I could barely keep anything down. They admitted me because my fever was over 103 and they wanted to make sure there was no infection. But all is well now and I am feeling MUCH better.

Wade went to the doctor the Tuesday before I went to the hospital for his checkup. They said that there are no new spots and that it is possible the two spots he has have grown VERY little if at all. It could have been the way the CT scan was "sliced". It was good news though. We will take it. He goes back in April. All we can do is pray for his continued healing!

The kids are wonderful! They're growing up way too fast. I wish I could just freeze time. The things they do just crack me up. Kaden's still doing the potty training thing. He's doing pretty good. We're just working one dirty thing if you know what I mean. He does love us "to infinity and beyond" and I mean really...you can't beat that. I can't think of a love any stronger than that!

Reagan is so funny. Her new thing is saying, "I'm gorgeous" while putting her hands on her clothes and blinking those eyelashes! Those two together are incredible. On the way home the other day, Kaden asked to hold her hand. She replied with "Ok" and they held hands in the back seat. They refuse to go to bed unless they get a kiss from one another. Of course they have their moments. Like tonight, he was trying to take something away from her and she bit his finger. Yes, this is a whole other story. She's into biting...just one kid (and Kaden) and it's ALWAYS on the finger! Anyway, you would have thought she was the one hurt. She came out screaming and saying sorry over and over. She came up to me and she knew she was in trouble. I'm not sure what this thing is. She's done it maybe 6 times in all, but still...6 times too many. She is a sweet girl no doubt. She's always worried when people get hurt and is so, so loving. She's our cuddlebug.

So, other than just staying super busy, things are the same as always...GREAT! By the way, I'm on the second book, of the Twilight series. I LOVE these books.

0 comments: