Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hurricane Ike

We are now preparing for this lovely storm that is heading straight for us. It's all that is on the TV. It's a little annoying. I can't help but wonder if when we wake up it will have made a shift away from us. That was what happened with Rita. Of course I am all for having off a day of work. However, I can't imagine the electricity going off with two little ones running around. Plus the heat alone can drive somebody crazy. We're going to stay with Wade's parents. Our roof is not the best and we have some big pine trees as well as many other trees all around (maybe the wind will knock the darn squirrels out of the trees so they will stop leaving their left over pine cone pieces all over the ground!). Wade's mom has a generator so that will be nice. It's just so crazy how this storm seems to have taken over everything...gas, sanity at the stores, TV, work (though that one's not bad) and so much more.

The most important thing to me is that my precious little babies are protected. I pray for the safety of everybody through this storm. That's the main thing. Objects can be replaced.

0 comments: